Thursday, January 29, 2009
It will take exactly 7.33 minutes to read the following 3 pages. (I timed myself so you have to read as slow as I do, I am sure your time will be faster). This will be the best 7.33 minutes you have spent on improving presentations skills. This little excerpt is that good. If you want to borrow a copy of the book or audio book that this came from send an email in the comments page and I will get it to you. Happy presenting. Goal for 2009: Each of us makes 10 amazing presentation before the end of the year.
This is the write up and book that started this whole thing so we owe a great debt of gratitude to the Heath brothers and their amazing book - "Made To Stick." (Click on the pictures above to read the pages).
Thursday, January 1, 2009
When you're looking for something in [A Stickier Sabha], you come to this post!
For the newcomer, this blog may be a bit intimidating, but our blog is organized by labels. They're on the left side of the screen, and below is a description of them. Some are self-explanatory, some are not.
Here are the labels devoted to helping you become a better speaker/presenter.
- [10 in 2009] - Before this blog was this series of e-mails that aimed to help everyone give ten great talks in 2009. Though 2009 has come to an end, these posts are a great starting place.
- Activity - Here are some unique items we can integrate into our presentations to capture the att
- Humor - We all like a good laugh, so if your presentations are a bit too serious, here's a remedy.
- Made to Stick - The book behind our mission - find everything related to it here.
- Powerpoint - We know it as an invaluable tool, and these posts are devoted to how we can better utilize it.
- Presenting better - A powerful presentation is only a click away as these posts will help you with the organization and development of a presentation.
- Speaking better - Just as the name suggests, check out these posts to learn how to better deliver and articulate your speech.
- Storytelling - Want to improve your prasang-varnan skills? These posts are jam-packed with examples and tips to deliver prasangs palatable to the audience's ear.
- Statistics - Numbers are boring, but they don't have to be. Learn about it here.
- Testimonials - We appreciate the advice and tips given to us by our sticky presenters, so we've posted them all here.
Maybe we're looking for something to supplement a presentation, so check out these labels for material related to specific concepts.
- 8 factors - Avid Vachanamrut readers may recall that Vachanamrut Gadhada I-78 cites eight factors that have an affect on our mind. More generally, these posts deal with our surroundings affect our mental state.
- Creative sabha material - Need something to pump up your presentation? Check out this grab bag of matter and content; if you use anything, please comment on how you used it so that others can learn as well.
- Kusang - These posts delineate the effects of negative company on an individual.
- Limitations of the mind
- Personal contact
- Positive thinking
- Samp - One of Yogiji Maharaj's favorites, it's all about unity and working together.
These tags correspond to the source type of our material.